FacebookInstagramTwitterContact

 

Audience Ceremony           >>           First Meeting Of Royal Birthday Celebration National Committee           >>           Man United Edge Arsenal In Alexis Sanchez, Henrikh Mkhitaryan Swap           >>           Barcelona's Second-Half Surges A Key To Their Success This Season           >>           Real's Big Win Buys Zidane Time, Martial's Future, PSG Rocked By Lyon           >>           Chelsea And Sergio Aguero Among Those Rising Above Transfer Tension           >>           Camps Ready But Bangladesh Delays Repatriation Of Refugees           >>           Alert Level 4 Raised After Mayon Eruption           >>           Indonesia Seeks Immediate Return Of Two Fishermen Released By Abu Sayyaf           >>           Budget Is More Than Giving ‘Goodies’, Raising Taxes: Heng Swee Keat            >>          

 

SHARE THIS ARTICLE




REACH US


GENERAL INQUIRY

[email protected]

 

ADVERTISING

[email protected]

 

PRESS RELEASE

[email protected]

 

HOTLINE

+673 222-0178 [Office Hour]

+673 223-6740 [Fax]

 



Upcoming Events


The Incredibles 5Km Fun Run
January 7th, 2018 | 00:00 AM


KIDS PANCAKE MAKING & DECORATING CLASS
January 21st, 2018 | 14:00 PM


THE 1 NATION FREE WORKOUT
January 21st, 2018 | 17:00 PM


20th Consumer Fair
January 24th, 2018 | 00:00 AM


Mazalina Wedding Expo
January 26th, 2018 | 00:00 AM





Prayer Times


The prayer times for Brunei-Muara and Temburong districts. For Tutong add 1 minute and for Belait add 3 minutes.


Imsak

: 05:04AM

Subuh

: 05:14AM

Syuruk

: 06:35AM

Doha

: 06:59AM

Zohor

: 12:33PM

Asar

: 03:54PM

Maghrib

: 06:28PM

Isyak

: 07:41PM

 



The Business Directory


 

 



Africa


  Home > Africa


Libya Death Toll 'Rises To 140' At Brak El-Shati Airbase


Many of those killed were from the Libyan National Army, seen in action in this file photo

 


 May 20th, 2017  |  09:14 AM  |   2030 views

LIBYA

 

Reports suggest as many as 140 people, including civilians, may have died in an attack on an airbase in Libya.

 

It was originally thought 60 people died when a government-allied militia tried to take over the Brak al-Shati base on Thursday.

 

The UN-backed government's defence minister and the commander of the militia have both been suspended pending an investigation.

 

The prime minister's office has denied ordering the attack.

 

A militia spokesman said they had "liberated the base and destroyed all the forces inside".

 

The town's mayor said some aircrafts had been set ablaze.

 

Most of the dead were soldiers of the self-proclaimed Libyan National Army (LNA), an alliance in the east of the country which does not recognise the government in the capital, Tripoli. That force has been in control of the airbase since December.

 

Its spokesman gave the new death toll of 140.

 

"The soldiers were returning from a military parade. They weren't armed. Most of them were executed," he said.

 

The UN's envoy to Libya, Martin Kobler, said he was "outraged" by reports of summary executions.

 

The attack breached an informal truce between the rival forces that was reached earlier this month when the LNA's commander, General Khalifa Haftar, met the UN-backed Prime Minister Fayez al-Sarraj.

 

The Tripoli government has set up an investigative committee to present its findings to the prime minister within 15 days.

 


 

Source:
courtesy of BBC NEWS

by BBC NEWS

 

If you have any stories or news that you would like to share with the global online community, please feel free to share it with us by contacting us directly at [email protected]

 

Related News


2,800 Cabbies Have Joined Grab, Uber

 2018-01-23 09:53:14

Hong Kong Bookseller Seized From China Train

 2018-01-23 10:25:15

Asia Wakes to Trump's Big Trade Move With Tariffs Aimed at Them

 2018-01-23 11:12:38