Home > Headline
Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Hari Raya Aidil Fitri Celebration
July 11th, 2017 | 09:33 AM | 2123 views
This year's Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah's Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebration focused on achievers who have attained excellence, and received medals or awards for their achievements as well as contributions in specific fields. His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha binti Al-Marhum Pengiran Pemancha Pengiran Anak Haji Mohamed Alam yesterday graced the ceremony at the International Convention Centre in Berakas.
Upon arrival, His Majesty and Her Majesty Duli Raja Isteri were greeted by Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Indera Pahlawan Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Suyoi bin Haji Osman, the Minister of Education as Chairman of the Yayasan Board of Directors, members of Yayasan Committee of Governors, Deputy Chairmen of the Yayasan Board of Directors, and the Managing Director of Yayasan.
Also attending the ceremony were;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office, and Her Royal Highness Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Anak Sarah binti Pengiran Haji Salleh Ab Rahaman;
- His Royal Highness Prince Mohamed Bolkiah;
- His Royal Highness Prince Haji Jefri Bolkiah;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Malik and Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Anak Isteri Pengiran Raabi'atul 'Adawiyah binti Pengiran Haji Bolkiah;
- His Royal Highness Prince 'Abdul Wakeel;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Rashidah Sa'adatul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Majeedah Nuurul Bolkiah;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Ameerah Wardatul Bolkiah, and;
- Her Royal Highness Princess Hajah Masna, Ambassador-at-Large at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
The function commenced with the reading of Surah Al-Fatihah and Doa Selamat by Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia Doctor Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned, the State Mufti.
The Chairman of the Yayasan Board of Directors in his welcoming address said that the emergence of achievers proved that the country is capable of producing significant figures, champions, intellectuals and professionals in various fields. Yang Berhormat Pehin said this shows that Brunei Darussalam is capable of being on par with others regionally and internationally. Yang Berhormat Pehin hoped that the achievers can become an example and inspire the society to improve their efforts to achieve excellence and success for the development of the nation and religion.
The celebration was further enlivened with singing performances and drama sketches titled "Excellence and Success" by one hundred students from the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary School.
More than one thousand two hundred people were invited to attend this year's celebration comprised of those who have achieved excellence, and received recognition in various fields either individually, or in groups at the national, regional or even international level from the year 2005 until now.
Since 2003, the Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah's Hari Raya Aidilfitri celebrations have focused on young professionals in the government and private sectors, achievers, non-government organisations, pupils and students who have attained success, teachers, scholars, strategic partners and volunteers of Yayasan Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah, public enforcement agencies, people with special needs as well as young entrepreneurs.
If you have any stories or news that you would like to share with the global online community, please feel free to share it with us by contacting us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org